So I was listening to a set of audiobooks (Dave Ramsey – Financial Peace University [don’t worry I’m not going to say go out and buy it… If you’re interested, you can probably get it at a local library or borrow it from someone else]) and toward the end of one of them, he says something to the effect of “the average millionaire reads a non-fiction book or two a month…” (after further research, it seems that they read even more than that). I was floored. I thought I was the only one who made virtually daily trips to the library to LEARN, LEARN, LEARN… There are also a TON of millionaire statistics in the book “The Millionaire Next Door” (by: Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.) and “The Millionaire Mind” (by: Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.).
Other thought processes of Millionaires. 😉
1. Millionaires Believe in Having Balance in their Lives: Millionaires do first things first. They ask themselves, “What is the most important thing that I can be doing right now?”
2. Millionaires Know They Can’t Make it on Their Own: Millionaires leverage the power of the mastermind group. Millionaires surround themselves with other like-minded people to help them achieve far more than they could have done on their own or thought possible.
3. Millionaires Believe They Have No limitations: Millionaires don’t believe that the sky is the limit; that would be silly to believe such a thing. Millionaires believe there are no limits. The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves. Millionaires also understand that all roadblocks to success are mental roadblocks. All problems and solutions rest within our own minds.
4. Millionaires Believe They are the Makers of Their Own Destiny: Millionaires choose to live and run their own lives. They do this by not letting setbacks and unwelcomed circumstances hold them back. Millionaires have a winner’s way of thinking; they go forward with the attitude that “Failure is not an option”. Robert G. Allen has referenced himself many times asking, “Could I do it if a loved one depended on me accomplishing this task or goal?” and you’ll find that the answer is always a resounding YES.
5. Millionaires Believe in Giving: Millionaires believe in the law of abundance. Millionaires know that there will always be plenty to go around. They also know that as they give, the universe will give back to them in greater abundance. Millionaires believe the more they give of their time, talents, knowledge, and wealth, the universe will give back exponentially to what is given.
6. Millionaires Believe That at the Root of Every Problem is a Seed of Opportunity: Millionaires believe they can turn any negative situation to a positive situation. Whether it’s personal, family, or financial; they see problems as an opportunity of improvement.
7. Millionaires Believe in Education: Millionaires don’t believe in having solely college education, they believe also in self-education. The average person reads less than one book per year; the average millionaire reads two books per week. I’m not talking about books such as Harry Potter either, rather, books such as Think and Grow Rich and 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. Millionaires become successful through their reading habits.